Medicinal plants are very useful for women during pregnancy because of their properties. One of the medicinal plants that we are going to check for consumption during pregnancy today is dandelion. We are going to check whether we can use dandelion during pregnancy.
Table of Contents
- Is it safe to consume dandelion during pregnancy?
- Dandelion benefits during pregnancy
- Dandelion tea consumption during pregnancy
- Dandelion tea consumption during breastfeeding
- Should we drink dandelion tea during pregnancy or not?
Is it safe to consume dandelion during pregnancy?
Dandelion consumption is not harmful according to the studies that have been done, but its consumption during pregnancy has not been fully investigated. However, if it is observed in moderation, its consumption during pregnancy has no case, and it is better to consult with your doctor or nutritionist before consumption.
Dandelion benefits during pregnancy
Due to the presence of flavonoids, amino acids, carbohydrates, and vitamins, dandelion improves bile flow and stimulates appetite, and if you have problems including:
- Digestive problems
Improve them while you are pregnant.
Dandelion tea consumption during pregnancy
Dandelion tea can prevent many diseases and symptoms of pregnancy
Positive properties of dandelion tea during pregnancy :
- It contains many vitamins, including vitamin A, B1, B6, and vitamin C
- Due to the presence of folic acid, it is useful for the development of your baby during pregnancy
- It provides the iron you need during pregnancy
- Prevents edema during pregnancy or water retention caused by keeping the legs up or wearing stockings because it causes dehydration.
- There is no harm in consuming dandelion tea during pregnancy, but it is better to consult your doctor before consuming it
- Preventing bladder infections that occur due to premature birth
What should we consider when consuming dandelion tea?
- Consuming too much dandelion tea is harmful due to its strong draining effect.
- Its balanced consumption is one to two glasses a day
- There is no harm in consuming dandelion tea during breastfeeding and pregnancy, except for people who are allergic
Note: It is better to talk to your doctor before consuming dandelion tea because if you are pregnant and you are interested in drinking dandelion tea, you should know that consuming too much of it will cause your body to become dehydrated and will not have a positive effect. Use relatively short times.
Does dandelion tea help a child’s jaundice?
No, possible fetal jaundice during pregnancy is not eliminated with tea. Although pregnant women in Germany in the past recommended drinking dandelion tea during pregnancy and considered it very beneficial for the baby and the mother.
Note: Billy-Tea (including dandelion herb) reduces the level of bilirubin in the blood, which is responsible for jaundice
Dandelion tea consumption during breastfeeding
Apart from alcohol and tobacco, fortunately, there are no prohibited foods for breastfeeding mothers, so as a result, consuming dandelion tea is not harmful to you during breastfeeding, and you can consume it in moderation, but as it was said because the scientific test and study for this tea during breastfeeding It is better to consult your doctor before use if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
Important: If you are allergic to different flowers such as chamomile, daisy, marigold, yarrow, and even vitamin C, you should not drink dandelion tea either during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Should we drink dandelion tea during pregnancy or not?
As it was said, there is no problem in moderation, and even if you have stomach and intestinal pains, it is better to drink dandelion tea to relieve your pains.
- Consuming dandelion was useful for pregnant women and there is no problem.
- It prevents bladder inflammation and has a positive effect on the stomach and intestinal discomfort.
- Consuming dandelion is prohibited for those who are allergic to vitamin C or suffer from the daisy family.
- You should consume dandelion or dandelion tea in moderation and consuming too much will cause stomach problems.