Pregnant women are in a special and sensitive situation during pregnancy and should be careful about the substances and compounds they consume. Raw pastry dough is one of the most popular because of its sweet taste and ease of eating, but we need to see what ingredients it is made of, and what are the disadvantages and benefits of using it.
Table of Contents
- Raw Cookie dough and pregnancy
- Is it safe to eat Raw cookie dough while pregnant?
- Is it OK to Eat commercial cookie dough?
- Ingredients Of Lactation cookies
- The benefits of eating Lactation cookies during breastfeeding
- Side effects of eating Lactation cookies during breastfeeding
- Tips on Lactation cookies
- Can I eat chocolate chip cookies while pregnant?
- Which cookies are best during pregnancy?
Raw Cookie dough and pregnancy
Most people prefer eating raw cookie dough even to baked cookies. The smell of vanilla and the taste of sugar and chocolate played an important role in the formation of this interest. Usually, people welcome the consumption of foods and foods containing sugar and fat because they provide the energy their body needs, but the dangers of eating uncooked cookie dough are far more important than people’s interest in consuming it.
Is it safe to eat Raw cookie dough while pregnant?
Uncooked pastry dough contains raw eggs, which pose many health risks. Many people enjoy eating it more than baked sweets. Despite its popularity, the consumption of pastry dough during pregnancy is very dangerous because it causes food poisoning due to the presence of raw materials in its composition and will cause irreparable side effects.
One of the ingredients in the sweet dough that can be the source of many pathogens is flour. Strangely, raw flour is a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. One of these bacteria is the cause of E.coli disease. People who suffer from this disease have symptoms including nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, dehydration, diarrhea, and high fever. Diarrhea and vomiting during pregnancy play a role in reducing the amount of amniotic fluid around the fetus and sometimes lead to premature birth or miscarriage.
If the egg is not cooked, it usually causes food poisoning, but since the time of egg production, it is completely sterilized by heat. This poisoning is not caused by egg yolk and is caused by bacteria on the eggshell, and people will be exposed to salmonella. People with this disease have symptoms including dehydration, meningitis, Reiter’s syndrome or joint swelling and pain, fever, nausea, and vomiting. Babies of mothers with salmonella will also have diarrhea or meningitis.
Is it OK to Eat commercial cookie dough?
Knowing the interest of people to eat raw cookie dough, some companies have taken measures and pasteurized and secured the flour by heating the eggs through a special process. Therefore, the flour and eggs used in the preparation of pastry dough do not contain any bacteria and can be easily used during pregnancy. Be sure to read the label on the products to avoid any possible danger.
Breastfeeding cookies are suitable for both pregnant and breastfeeding women because they are rich in natural, nutritious, and useful ingredients. These cookies contain oats, flax seeds, and some other safe ingredients. Consuming breastfeeding cookies during pregnancy has no effect on the increase of breast milk while eating them while breastfeeding has a significant effect on the increase of breast milk.
Ingredients Of Lactation cookies
Due to being rich in fiber, this substance has positive effects on keeping a person full for a long time and plays a role in the secretion of prolactin, a hormone effective in increasing the amount of milk production.
2. Flax seeds:
Due to the presence of plant estrogen, flaxseed increases milk production, and alpha-linolenic acid in its composition produces omega-3 and DHA, which is effective in fetal brain development.
3. Brewer’s yeast:
This yeast contains B vitamins, zinc, iron, and protein.
The benefits of eating Lactation cookies during breastfeeding
Eating these cookies provides the energy needed by the mother and essential nutrients for the growth of the baby and strengthening the mother after giving birth to the child.
2. Eliminate hunger:
Eating these cookies is effective in relieving hunger caused by breastfeeding.
3. Food digestion:
The semolina in these cookies contains fiber and this fiber plays an important role in digestion and constipation.
4. Eliminate the craving for sweets:
Eating these cookies is effective in eliminating the craving for sweets and controlling obesity.
5. Support immunity:
The ingredients in these cookies help strengthen the immune system of both mother and child, which helps prevent infections during breastfeeding.
6. Increase your energy level:
The ingredients in these cookies increase energy levels and help you stay active throughout the day.
Consuming raw flour during pregnancy will have side effects including food poisoning, stomach cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, and fever, but it is possible that due to the weak immune system in some pregnant women, the symptoms will be more severe and lead to hospitalization.
Side effects of eating Lactation cookies during breastfeeding
1. Weight gain:
These cookies have a lot of calories, and if you consume too much, you will gain weight.
2. Stomach disorders:
The oatmeal in these cookies contains fiber, and fiber will cause digestive disorders including gas, diarrhea, and constipation, so you can drink a lot of water to solve these problems.
Consumption of these cookies is associated with headaches in some people due to the presence of beer yeast.
4. Milk production:
Excessive eating of these cookies will lead to abnormal milk production.
5. Sleep problems:
These cookies contain a lot of sugar, and excessive consumption can cause sleep problems including insomnia and fatigue.
6. Allergic reactions:
Some people are allergic to these cookies due to the presence of wheat, barley, oats, or rye in them; so you should avoid eating them if you have allergies.
The beer yeast in these cookies causes rhinitis symptoms including sneezing and watery eyes in some people.
Tips on Lactation cookies
- There is no benefit in eating breastfeeding cookies during pregnancy.
- Consuming Lactation cookies does not have any positive or negative effects on children and they are only rich in nutrients.
- Lactation cookies contain a small amount of brewer’s yeast, so it does not pose any risk to diabetics, people sensitive to yeast, and children and babies.
- Lactation cookies play a role in the production of colostrum, and pregnant women should help increase the nutrients in colostrum by having a healthy diet.
- Anyone can start eating Lactation cookies whenever they want, and the balanced consumption of these cookies during breastfeeding is 2 to 3 per day.
- The right time to consume Lactation cookies is usually 3 hours before breastfeeding because the effects of the consumed food will be visible in the milk between 3 and 6 hours after use.
Can I eat chocolate chip cookies while pregnant?
Yes, you can eat chocolate chip cookies while pregnant. However, you should be very careful about the ingredients. The best thing to do is to read the labels thoroughly and make sure that there are not any high fructose corn syrups or other artificial sweeteners in them. If you are concerned about the amount of sugar in these cookies, try making your own using healthier ingredients instead of buying pre-made ones from the store.
Which cookies are best during pregnancy?
- Healthy homemade cookies made with millet jaggery (cereal sugar) and fresh milk for breastfeeding mothers.
- High calcium content
- Ingredients include organic whole grains (ragi, little millet, sorghum; white rice), butter, organic jaggery (concentrated sugar cane juice), and tapioca flour.
- No maida (unrefined wheat flour), no soda, and no raising agents.
- No refined sugar, only natural sweeteners of jaggery & dates.
- no artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors
Sweetness is a pleasant taste that people look for in many foods. Raw cookie dough should not be consumed during pregnancy due to the presence of eggs and raw flour, but brands have produced safe varieties of it. Lactation cookies are another type of sweet that play an important role in increasing milk production after childbirth.