A suitable and complete diet during pregnancy is one of the concerns of pregnant women, a diet that, in addition to food, vitamins and minerals provides energy and helps the growth and health of the child. Consuming fruits and vegetables during pregnancy can help provide minerals and vitamins needed by women, so buckthorn can provide vitamin C, and vitamin B12 and increase iron absorption.
What is buckthorn?
buckthorn, a willow plant, also known as the lemon of the north, grows on the coasts of the north and the Baltic Sea. Sea buckthorn is very famous and popular because of its treatment. buckthorn can have 10 times more vitamin C than lemon. This fruit is very suitable for getting vitamins and minerals.
Can you eat buckthorn during pregnancy?
Consuming buckthorn during pregnancy is completely safe. This fruit has vitamins and secondary plant substances that are very useful for the mother and the growth of the child and can be considered a comprehensive food that is also very tasty. Since the use of many drugs during pregnancy is prohibited, pregnant women can have therapeutic uses of buckthorn, for example, buckthorn can reduce mucosal inflammations, gum diseases, neurodermatitis, dermatitis, cracks, or flaking of the skin. and atherosclerosis to help.
Sea buckthorn oil easily penetrates the cell, which can help with sore throat and washing tonsils. Among the other uses of sea buckthorn oil, it can be mentioned to relieve nasal congestion, reduce redness and skin rashes, provide skin moisture, protect the stomach epithelium and prevent the growth of bacteria in the digestive system, and this oil can also be used in cooking and sweets Kurd because it has a very pleasant color and smell. The consumption of this oil can be very popular during pregnancy.
Many nutrition experts believe that eating buckthorn juice regularly can provide the vitamins needed by the body to a large extent, for example, eating 25 ml of buckthorn juice per day can be enough to provide the vitamins needed by mother and child.
Also, since pregnant women tend to drink a lot of fluids, they can use sea buckthorn tea. Sea buckthorn tea is one of the unsweetened drinks that have a fruity and fresh taste.
Eating sea buckthorn candies during pregnancy is also safe, you just have to make sure that the candies are sugar-free or have little sugar, but still, you should observe moderation in eating candies during pregnancy because there is a lot of sugar. It can increase the risk of asthma and allergies.
The use of sea buckthorn creams during pregnancy is recommended because sea buckthorn oil and cream can increase skin resistance.
What are the benefits of sea buckthorn during pregnancy?
Sea buckthorn strengthens the immune system, prevents colds, and has anti-inflammatory effects. Specifically, sea buckthorn contains the following vitamins and minerals:
- Excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids such as omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9, which can help blood circulation between the mother and placenta and reduce the risk of preeclampsia in the third trimester.
- The high content of carotenoid, which is a precursor of vitamin A, helps in the formation of the placenta, the development of the respiratory system, the nervous system, and the blood circulation of the fetus.
- It consists of 18 amino acids, including lysine, phenylalanine, and histidine amino acids, which can help the growth of the child’s organs.
- It contains folic acid, which is effective in the growth and completion of the neural tube. In addition to folic acid, sea buckthorn is also effective in iron absorption, for example, if sea buckthorn juice is drunk with foods containing iron, it can increase the absorption of iron from food.
- It has a high content of tocopherol and vitamin E, which protects the body against free radicals, viruses, and bacteria.
- Vitamin D found in sea buckthorn in combination with calcium is necessary for the growth of the bones and skeleton of the fetus.
- It contains minerals such as magnesium, iron, sodium, manganese, zinc, and boron.
Therapeutic uses of sea buckthorn
- Mucous membranes
- Chronic exacerbation of the upper respiratory system
- Gum diseases
- Neurodermatitis and burns
- Skin cracks and abrasions
In what cases is sea buckthorn contraindicated?
- Allergic reaction
- Chronic pancreatic diseases
- Hyperacid gastritis
Consumption of Buckthorn During Breastfeeding
If a pregnant woman has used sea buckthorn during pregnancy and you notice that there are no negative reactions, she can add it to your diet one month after giving birth. Vitamins and nutrients in this fruit can be transferred to the child through breast milk.
Sea buckthorn is a delicious fruit rich in vitamins and minerals that can be used in water, tea, oil, cream, or the fruit itself during pregnancy. In addition to its therapeutic effects, this fruit can meet many of the needs of the fetus and mother for vitamins and helps the development of the skeleton, nervous, digestive, and respiratory systems of the fetus. The use of this fruit during pregnancy is completely safe and pregnant women can use this fruit without any worries, but they should be aware of the sugar content of sea buckthorn candies and avoid candies as much as possible. Use sugar-free or low sugar so as not to harm the growth and health of the fetus.